Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watch out, y'all. It's a thought-provoking post.

So awhile back I posted about being pregnant again.  We are very happy (though must admit, the weekend after we found out was one of complete shock).  This was a surprise pregnancy.  Lily is only 10 months old, and she and this one (please let it be just one) will only be 17 months apart.  I freak out about that on a regular basis, until I remember the woman at the kid salon that I spoke to a couple of weeks ago who had her two boys 11 months apart. 

I have to admit feeling a little guilt about being pregnant again.  I know that I am extremely lucky not to have problems getting pregnant, and my pregnancies are usually worry-free.  But with friends who are currently going through infertility, or who are having babies with medical problems, the fact that I am again "with child" makes me not want to shout the news from the rooftops.  I don't want anyone to feel like I am rubbing it in their faces. 

I don't know where I'm going with this post.  I just want to say that I promise that I'm not trying to brag about being pregnant again, and I don't want anyone to feel that way.  I just wanted to put it out there with my pregnancy post, in case I happen to mention something about "Holy crap, apparently I'm having twins" or in 7 (8? 6?  Hell, I don't know) months some new kid suddenly appears in pictures and people wonder "Wait a minute, did she steal a kid?"


And OK, I also didn't want people to see any upcoming pictures on here and think "Wow, Lindsay is really packing on the pounds."

No comments:

Post a Comment