Monday, June 4, 2012

Join me, won't you?

It's official.  Hell has frozen over. 

I am giving up meat.

Well, not totally.

Due to some, ahem, digestive issues, and just a general feeling of gross after I eat meat, I've decided to become a weekday vegetarian/pescatarian (yeah, sorry, I ain't giving up my fish and seafood).  I'm hoping this will help me start feeling better, give me more energy, and jump start my quest to live an overall healthier life.  I also am joining the Y this weekend to get back into the Couch to 5k program.  They also have yoga classes (seriously, who am I?!)  And daycare.  Yeah, that's the real reason I'm joining.

Now, I'm not going totally vege/pesca-tarian.  If someone plops a medium steak in front of me, I'll eat it up like there's no tomorrow.  And I'm not going to force my family to do this with me.  In fact, Steve almost cried when I told him my plan.  But I figure if I'm making some meaty meal for the fam, I can make a small substitution for me. 

Or maybe I'm just crazy.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, check out our new cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment