Friday, July 29, 2011

Things that suck about this first trimester

Having to take my prenatal vitamins.  Most of the time they are the size of horse tranquilizers.  And they can smell.  And of course, they were the generic Target brand left over from my last pregnancy, and I just noticed that they don't have DHA in them.  Time to upgrade.

Nausea. 

Aversions to certain smells and tastes.  I CAN'T DRINK COFFEE, Y'ALL.  It makes my stomach turn.  This is a dire situation up in here.

The obvious: I can't drink alcohol.  I miss my nightly glass of wine!

Where's my cute baby bump?!  I swear I was rocking the maternity belly band by the time I was 7 weeks with Lily.  Instead I look like I just pounded a case of beer, followed by 3 cheesecakes (mmmm, cheesecake).

I can't drink coffee or alcohol (oh wait, I already said that).  Let me be clear: I am pro-caffeine during pregnancy (within moderation).  I'm desperately sucking down a cup of black tea as we speak, hoping for a little bit of that sweet, sweet caffeine high. 

So yes, let's consider this my "official" announcement: I'm knocked up...yes, again!  8 weeks, give or take.


No, this is not what my belly really looks like.  It was a joke picture I took about a month ago, after eating a big meal.  It's my little food baby.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, officially :) And I hear ya on everything you mentioned...each pregnancy can be so different from the previous. I love Dr Pepper but when pregnant with Connor, I couldn't stomach the sweetness. I thought I'd share the prenatal that I took while pregnant with Maggie. It is by far, the best one I tried in my 5+ years of pregnant/nursing: http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=d83213e2-f71d-43ff-836d-c71835132d2f It even includes probiotics. I buy it for about $11 at Target and have the best luck taking it at night. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Ginger and probiotics? Sold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lindsay. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete