Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Photo a day update + intentions

Contrary to (my own) popular belief, I have managed to keep up with the January Photo a Day challenge.



I've also spent a lot of time (meaning: a few minutes here and there) thinking about Resolutions.  Almost everyone comes up with a list of resolutions for the new year.  My sister-in-law said something that made me think-- she doesn't do "resolutions" but she has "intentions."  Great idea!  Because I always break my resolutions.  Intentions, on the other hand, I can handle.  So here is my list of 2012 Intentions:
  1. I intend to have another med-free childbirth.  And if I can do it in less than 6 hours (my record with Lily) plus leave the hospital after 33 hours (another record with Lily- MUCH better than the 4 days I was there with Ty), well that's just gravy.
  2. After said childbirth, ward off the postpartum depression that manifests itself in crying over shirts not fitting or fits of anger by recognizing the symptoms and getting help ASAP.
  3. Maintain my A average in grad school.
  4. Start the Couch to 5K again.  Maybe run the Rock and Roll Marathon 5K (is there such a thing?) in November?
  5. Eat healthier and more sustainable foods.  In fact, get started on that vegetable and fruit garden we've been talking about for the last 2 years.
  6. Yoga class.  Loka Studio is located near me, and I have an in with the owner (in that we have mutual friends).
  7. Watch more movies.  I started this intention by watching "Blue Valentine" the other night.  Great movie, but depressing as hell!
Easy enough to do!

1 comment: