Friday, January 27, 2012

Well, that was a bust.

I failed the January Photo-A-Day challenge.  In my defense, however, it was because I was sick.  I got the mother of all sinus infections last week, and stupidly waited 5 days to call in to my midwife for medicine.  I catch colds twice a year- once in the winter, once in the summer.  When I'm not pregnant, they last a few days and are gone.  When I am pregnant, they linger for over a week.  But it's always the same process-- head cold (runny nose, sneezing, headache), then chest cold (um, phlegm).  So I patiently waited for my "head cold" to settle into my chest cold.  Only it didn't happen.  After sleepless nights and days of begging my husband to come home early so he could take care of the kids so I could please, please just go lay down and cry, I looked up my symptoms and realized that my cold was a sinus infection.  No wonder the Neti Pot wasn't working (also, how in the hell do you use that thing?!  I kept choking on the salt water.) 

I was prescribed an antibiotic and told to take Mucinex.  I picked that up on Friday, and by Saturday I felt like a brand new woman.  I feel so bad for those of you that suffer from frequent sinus infections.  I seriously thought my head was going to explode. 

So yeah, I stopped taking pictures last week.  Oops.  BUT, the same blogger is doing a February challenge, too!  So hopefully, what with it being a shorter month (heh, by 2 days) I can complete it.

February Photo Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment