Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Don't take an expired pain pill on an empty stomach.

It was a hell of a weekend.

I stayed out late drinking wine with friends on Friday, then got up early and took Ty to a local bookstore for a reading of "Danny and the Dinosaur."  While trying to pick up lunch on the way home, all of the restaurants were packed, so Steve and I decided to wait and have an early, big dinner out somewhere.  So all day Saturday, all I had to eat were a bowl of cereal and a granola bar.  After not napping (me and Ty) I had a massive headache.  We were out of tylenol and ibuprofen, so I did the next "best" thing-- I popped an old hydrocodone that has been in the house since Ty was born...in November 2008.

I did this on an empty stomach.  And the pill actually expired in November 2009. 

My headache immediately went away.  Then I started feeling a little drunk (not necessarily a bad feeling...yet).  But by the time we were heading out the door to eat, I was light headed, sweating and nauseous.  Steve made me sit down, drink water and eat goldfish crackers (no Saltines in the house).  I thought it was helping, but when we got to the restaurant I puked in the parking lot.  Steve kept asking if we should just go home and pick up food on the way.  With steak on the brain, I promised that I was better, and we should just eat there.

Nope.

I ended up going into the restaurant bathroom twice, thinking I was going to throw up.  My salad and chicken sat uneaten on the table.  We left, and I was full on sick by the time we got home, puking every 15 minutes or so throughout the evening.  Steve was a rock star, getting both kids bathed, fed and in bed, while I lay unmoving on our bed, listening to Nick Jr, which Ty was watching.  Luckily I started feeling better around 10, and was able to drink some Sprite and eat my upset-stomach-staple, chicken and stars (not noodles- stars).

Sunday was fairly tame, except that Steve was working on building our deck (or rather, preparing to build the deck), and the hammering woke the kids up from their brief naps.  So no nap for mommy either.  The few minutes that Ty did manage to sleep was also interrupted by a pee incident.  He had a diaper rash, so I laid him down naked.  I didn't think about the fact that he had downed a whole cup of juice/water with lunch.  I heard him crying, and walked in to find him standing by his bed, sobbing, with a river flowing around him.  He had no idea what was going on (so, definitely not ready to start any potty training!)  I got him and the room cleaned up and back to bed, before he was woken up again by the afore mentioned hammering.

We're now on day 4 of little or no nap for Ty.  He's not too bad without a nap, but I still need it for my sanity, so I'm hoping he's not about to give them up!  And Lily also didn't nap much today, and I fear that she's going to knock out for a late afternooner, which will then push bedtime back.  Oof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment