Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sorry about that

I haven't updated in almost 2 weeks.  I was doing very important things, y'all!  Like...laundry.  And...moving furniture.  OK, I was just lazy.

I did get out of the house with the kids, though.  We went to lots of play dates with the awesome play group I'm part of.  We went to Target and the grocery store.  And we went to the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels, a town/small city about 20 minutes north of us.


OK, who put the train station right by the entrance?  It was torture trying to convince Ty to leave it to explore the rest of the place!
They even had a spot for the babies!

Looking at the baby alligators.

Just goin' on a kayaking trip.

And cookin' up some fish.


Shopping for produce.
Directing a space shuttle mission.
I've never been to the San Antonio Children's Museum, so I can't compare the two, but I give major kudos to this one!

Except for one thing.

Due to a training taking place at the facility (ironically, a training I used to go to when I worked as a parenting educator-- two of my friends were at the training, and we all had lunch together!) the parking lot was full, so we had to park across the side street.  No big deal, it wasn't far away.  Until we had to leave. 

And I had to torture the kids by first changing their diapers. 
And they became traumatized when the bathroom changing table fell open with a loud BANG!, causing both to scream and cry in terror. 
And it was naptime for Ty. 
And we had to pass the god damn train table.

So I had 15 pound Lily on one hip (in the sling, thank god, and she had calmed down) and a writhing, sobbing 31 pound Ty on the other. 

The car had never seemed so far away.

Luckily, Ty fell asleep about 5 seconds after we started driving, and slept for another 2 hours once we got home.  We really did have a great time there.

But to the person who used the family bathroom after we left...I'm sorry for the poop I forgot to flush*, in my hurry to get the hell out of there.

*It was Ty's poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment