Thursday, March 31, 2011

An unexpected visitor

I bathed the kids the other night.  This is not breaking news- I do it every night (lest you think that Steve is sitting on his ass during this time, he's not.  He's doing the dishes.  I would much rather bathe kids than do dishes, so I win).  While they were playing in the water, I took my glasses off to take off my make up.  While doing this, I happened to glance up at the ceiling, where I saw a brown blob (I'm basically blind, so without contacts or glasses everything is a blob).  I had a sinking feeling that I knew what it was.  Slowly, I put my glasses back on and glanced up.  My fears were confirmed.

It was a god damn ROACH!






Right now I'm picturing my mom shrieking and throwing papers at her desk as she reads this.

Yep, a nice fat roach, right above my precious children's heads as they played obliviously below.  I called Steve into the bathroom, and he trapped the roach with a plastic container from our favorite Thai restaurant (we have like a dozen of those containers-- they really come in handy).  That damn roach sat on our mantel for a full day before Steve got rid of it somewhere in the corners of our backyard. 

Don't worry, Steve left a slit in the lid so the roach wouldn't suffocate to death.  We're compassionate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment