Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fun Times

Last week I faced my fears.  I accompanied some friends and went to the local Snake Farm.  I went there are few years ago with Steve, and thought it was cool.  I can handle snakes if they're in a terranium, locked securely in a cage.  And this place is no joke.  They have some of the top poisonous snakes there.  They also have a pit, located (strangely enough) in the bookstore.  Now, in my mind, this pit contains hundreds of snakes, all slithering on top of one another, much like scenes from an "Indiana Jones" movie. 





Yeah, about like this.


In reality, it's this.



Yeah, a few rattlesnakes.  Scary, yes, but not the pit of fear that I remembered from a mere two years ago.  Oops.

Anyway, the kids loved it.  Here are some shots.



Lily was on my hip in the sling the whole time, but yes, she was there.




I'll say it-- ouch.






No comments:

Post a Comment