Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Red Lipstick Challenge

A few weeks ago I came across something called The Red Lipstick Challenge.  It originated on the blog Fox in Flats (see link for more info).  Basically, she challenged readers to wear red lipstick, all day long, for 7 days.  I was game, so I did it.

I wore it to school.  I wore it to the park.  I wore it to the pumpkin patch.  I wore it for my daughter's first birthday party.  I wore it to drop my parents off at the airport.  I wore it on a trip to Whole Paycheck Foods.  I even wore it around the house, while watching college football (go Dawgs!)




(I actually thought I had taken more pictures, but apparently not.  Oh well, just take my word for it!)

It was really fun!  I found that if I applied it with a lip brush, it was just enough color that I didn't feel like a cabaret act.  I used a couple of different colors: Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato, and Maybelline's Red Revival.  I liked the staying power of Revlon, but the color of Maybelline.  I've still been rocking the red on occasion-- it definitely jazzes up a boring jeans and t-shirt combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment